Gentle Extraction Dentist in Waxhaw
Relieve pain and get your life back on track
What is tooth extraction and when is it needed?
Other causes for tooth removal include:
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- Gum disease
- An abscess (infection in your gums, teeth, or bone)
- Crowded teeth (not enough space for all your teeth)
- Cosmetic procedures
When you need an extraction dentist in Waxhaw, call us. Our team is here to help.
Is dental extraction painful?
Simple vs. surgical tooth extraction
A surgical extraction may be needed when the affected tooth is fractured, below the gum line, or it hasn’t yet fully erupted.
At MillBridge Dentistry, we’re ready to carefully look into your case and work together to offer the best and most comprehensive care.
Tooth Extraction Aftercare Tips
- Refrain from rinsing your mouth for at least 24 hours after the procedure. Any blood clot that has formed is there to protect you from excessive bleeding and infection.
- After 24 hours, carefully rinse your mouth with warm salt water. Preferably after every meal.
- Avoid physically demanding activities.
- Try to eat soft foods until you feel comfortable enough to chew.
- Use a cold compress or pad around the cheek area to ease swelling.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol for as long as possible, as they interfere with the healing process.
- Complete any antibiotics that have been prescribed to you.
- In case of severe pain, bleeding, or swelling, don’t hesitate to contact us immediately. We offer emergency appointments to take care of you.
My tooth has been removed,
An implant is placed in the jawbone to act as a tooth root, and a crown is put on top of it. This is a long-term solution, as the jawbone grows around the implant.
Dentures are plastic or metal structures that carry one or multiple fake teeth. They are usually worn during the day and taken out at night. This is a low-price solution that requires good oral hygiene and regular checkups.
It acts as a false tooth that is bonded or fixed to the natural teeth on either side of the gap. It’s often made out of zirconia, porcelain fused to metal, or all ceramics.
Is tooth extraction covered by dental insurance?
While insurance will sometimes cover certain types of oral surgery, it also depends on your insurance plan.
Our office accepts most major dental insurance, including the providers below. We’ll help you understand what your plan covers and what costs to expect.
Schedule with us today by calling (704) 665-7887 and let’s discuss if a tooth extraction is the best option for you.
Hear from our patients
The best dentist I’ve ever been to! I had an emergency and Dr. Anait provided me with very qualified assitance. Friendly staff and great place.
– Lusine G.
We’re located in the heart of the beautiful Waxhaw community! Find us right off of Providence Road in the Novant Medical building by the Waxhaw PD. Plenty of free parking available!