Talk to Our Waxhaw Bleeding Gums Dentist
Your path to healthy gums and radiant smiles
No more bleeding gums. Experience comprehensive gum care
Are you experiencing bleeding gums when eating, brushing, or flossing your teeth? This could be an indication of gingivitis (gum disease), which results from plaque accumulation around your gum line. Left untreated, gingivitis can progress and become more severe over time. Thankfully, early-stage gum disease treatment can be straightforward and effective.
If you’re struggling with bleeding, swollen, or tender gums, you don’t have to face it alone. Our caring and experienced dentists at MillBridge Dentistry are here to help. We’ll assess your smile, pinpoint the root cause, and work with you to restore your oral health, providing the support you need every step of the way.
What causes bleeding gums
- Gum disease – A bacterial infection marked by inflamed gums, gum disease can cause redness and bleeding.
- Inadequate oral hygiene – Without consistent dental care at home and regular dental visits, plaque may accumulate along the gum line, resulting in irritation and bleeding.
- Infrequent flossing – Many people don’t realize the significance of regular flossing in maintaining oral health. If you’ve recently started flossing consistently, it’s normal for your gums to bleed for a few days as they adjust.
- Ill-fitting retainer or dentures – Bleeding may occur if your dental appliance is too small or if it’s causing irritation to various areas of the gums.
- Certain medications – Some medications, such as blood thinners or antidepressants, can contribute to bleeding or inflamed gums.
- Hormonal changes – During periods of intense hormonal fluctuations, such as pregnancy, gums may become more sensitive and swollen.
At MillBridge Dentistry, our compassionate and knowledgeable team is here to help you determine the cause of your bleeding gums and create a personalized treatment plan to restore your comfort and enhance your oral health.
Effective strategies to stop bleeding gums
Embrace a twice-daily brushing routine
Make flossing a daily habit
Adopt a healthy lifestyle
Schedule regular dental cleanings and exams
Neglecting bleeding gums and gingivitis can lead to more serious issues, such as tooth decay and tooth loss. At MillBridge Dentistry, we provide comprehensive dental care to patients of all ages and backgrounds, including routine cleanings, exams, and x-rays. Discover more about our services today.
Frequently asked questions about bleeding gums
How can I prevent bleeding gums?
Keep a consistent oral hygiene routine by brushing your teeth twice daily and flossing every day. Adopt a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet and regular dental checkups and cleanings. Avoid tobacco and manage stress levels to keep your gums healthy.
When should I visit MillBridge Dentistry for bleeding gums?
If your gums constantly bleed while brushing or flossing or if you notice swelling, redness, or tenderness, it’s time to schedule a dental appointment. Early diagnosis and treatment can help prevent more serious oral health issues.
Need more information?
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding cracked teeth, regular dental care, emergency appointments, or other dental issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We’re ready to answer! Give us a call at (704) 665-7887.
Hear from our patients
Incredible place! Have been here several times and received high-quality treatment. Very friendly and qualified staff, nice atmosphere, and just a pleasant office.
– Diana N.
We accept your insurance
Most dental insurances cover a portion of the bleeding gums treatment. We also offer payment plan options to fit your needs. Give us a call, and we’ll verify your insurance coverage. You’ll always know what out-of-pocket investment to expect.
We’re located in the heart of the beautiful Waxhaw community! Find us right off of Providence Road in the Novant Medical building by the Waxhaw PD. Plenty of free parking available!